Welcome to my February recipe for Bundt Bakers!
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common theme or ingredient and this month the theme is….chocolate!
And despite how it may look, this is no ordinary chocolate bundt cake…its chocolate bundt cake with a spicy kick and boy oh boy is it yummy!!!
Here’s what you’re gonna need:
For the cake:
1 box of chocolate cake mix
1 cup vegetable oil
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, depending on how spicy you want your cake (1/2 teaspoon is pretty kickin)
1 package chocolate pudding mix
1 cup milk
For the glaze:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
5-6 tablespoons water
pinch of salt
Here’s what you’re gonna do:
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the cake mix and pudding mix.
Add the wet ingredients. Mix until combined and there are no lumps, then add cayenne pepper.
Pour batter into a greased bundt pan.
Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick stuck in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
While the cake is baking combine the powdered sugar, cocoa and salt in a bowl and add the water a tablespoon at a time until the glaze is the right consistency. Be sure to fully mix each tablespoon of water into the glaze before adding more- it can go from dry to too running quickly.
Once the cake has cooled completely, remove from the bundt pan and place on serving plate. Drizzle with the chocolate glaze and serve!
Don’t miss the rest of February’s Chocolate themed Bundt Bakers!
- Apricot Almond Bundt Cake with Dark Chocolate Ganache by Cassandra at Cassie’s Kitchen
- Blackforest Bundt Cake by Anshie at SpiceRoots
- Chocolate and Almonds Bundt Cake by Kate at Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate and Lavender Bundt Cake by Aisha at La Cocina de Aisha
- Chocolate and Rose Bundt cake with Spiced Rose Ganache by Lara at Tartacadabra
- Chocolate Buttermilk Bundt Cake by Beatriz & Mara at I love Bundt Cakes
- Chocolate Cola Bundt by Sue at Just Sew Sue
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Bundt Cake by Julie at Eat, Drink, and Be Mighty
- Chocolate Crumb Bundt Cake by Catherine at Living the Gourmet
- Chocolate Custard Floating Island Bundt Cake by Jelena at A Kingdom For a Cake
- Chocolate Irish Cream Bundt by Anne at From My Sweet Heart
- Chocolate Orange Bundt Cake by Tux at Brooklyn Homemaker
- Chocolate Pound Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Chocolate Strawberry Pound Cake by Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cider White Chocolate Bundt Cake with White Chocolate Glaze by Patricia at Patty’s Cake
- Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Bundt Cake by Linda at Brunch with Joy
- Devil’s Food Chocolate Bundt Cake by Tanya at DessertStalking Blog
- Double Chocolate Sour Bundt Cake by Carola at En La Cocina de Caro
- False Chocolate Bundt Cake by Anna at Media Ración Doble, Por Favor
- Guava and Chocolate Bundt by Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- How the Grinch Stole Valentine’s Day by Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Kickin Chocolate Bundt Cake by Kaylin at Keep it Simple, Sweetie
- Lemon Glazed Cream Cheese White Chocolate Mini Bundts by Laura at The Spiced Life
- Mars Bar Bundt by Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Marshmallows Chocolate Bundt Cake by Shilpi at SimplyVeggies
- Quadruple Chocolate Bundt by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Red Velvet Bundt with White Chocolate Roses by Laura at Baking in Pyjamas
- Sacher Bundt Cake by Esti at Mummy & Cute
- Spicy Chocolate Mini Bundt Cake by Rocio at Kids&Chic
- Triple Chocolate Buttermilk Bundt Cake by Teri at The Freshman Cook
- Tunnel of Fudge Cake by Rebekah at Making Miracles
- White Chocolate and Passionfruit Bundt Cake by Victoria at Just One Bite Baking
- White Chocolate & Raspberries Bundt Cake by Samantha at Un Mordisco Un Pecado
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the cake:
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 package chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ to ½ cayenne pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- For the glaze:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 5-6 tablespoons water
- pinch of salt
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the cake mix and pudding mix.
- Add the wet ingredients. Mix until combined and there are no lumps, then add cayenne pepper.
- Pour batter into a greased bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick stuck in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking combine the powdered sugar, cocoa and salt in a bowl and add the water a tablespoon at a time until the glaze is the right consistency. Be sure to fully mix each tablespoon of water into the glaze before adding more- it can go from dry to too running quickly.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, remove from the bundt pan and place on serving plate. Drizzle with the chocolate glaze.